Black bean and corn salad
An inexpensive version of black bean and corn salad. A summer favorite!
ears of corn
can of black beans
drained and rinsed
juice of one lime
you can sub another acid like red wine vinegar if you don't have lime juice
or more to taste
1. Soak corn cob in husks for about 15 minutes.
2. Grill corn on medium heat for about 15 minutes, turning over every 3-4 minutes.
3. Remove husks, and place back on grill to char some of the pieces.
4. Cut off corn from the cob and place in bowl.
5. Add remainder of ingredients, stir and taste. Adjust salt if needed.
You may also use 1 ½ cups of frozen corn, thawed. Just skip the grilling steps.