There are versions of this black bean and corn salad floating all around the internet. I have been making variations of this for many years, and it is always a hit. There are many ingredients that you can add to this, but I've tried to keep it as inexpensive as possible, while still keeping a delicious taste.
Black beans, summer corn, tomato, garlic, jalapeño, salt, and limes are all super cheap. Feel free to add red onion, cilantro, avocado, peppers, or anything else that sounds good, but if you are wanting inexpensive, stick to my list.
This salad is great on its own with a fork, as a dip for tortilla chips or veggies, as a topping for tacos, on top of rice, or on top of chicken. Give it a try. You'll be making it all summer!
Black bean and corn salad
- 3 ears of corn
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 2 T. olive oil
- juice of one lime you can sub another acid like red wine vinegar if you don't have lime juice
- ½ tsp salt or more to taste
- 1. Soak corn cob in husks for about 15 minutes.
- 2. Grill corn on medium heat for about 15 minutes, turning over every 3-4 minutes.
- 3. Remove husks, and place back on grill to char some of the pieces.
- 4. Cut off corn from the cob and place in bowl.
- 5. Add remainder of ingredients, stir and taste. Adjust salt if needed.