Coming up with family friendly recipes that don’t take much time to make can often be challenging. Part of my mission on this blog is to help regular families put a well balanced dinner on the table most nights of the week.
This cheeseburger pie fits that bill in our house. The only hands on time required is the time that it takes to cut up an onion and brown ground beef. Whip up the custard while the beef is browning, assemble and pop it in the oven for thirty minutes.
Both of my kids are big fans of this. My daughter claims it’s “absolutely delicious”. It’s definitely not gourmet food, but it is certainly family friendly.
Serve it with some roasted vegetables, a big salad, or some cut up fruit, and you have yourself a great well balanced weeknight meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (I used cheddar and parmesan since it is what I had on hand)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- softened butter or olive oil for greasing pie pan
- Brown ground beef and onions. Drain excess grease.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder. Add milk and lightly beaten eggs.
- Grease 10 inch pie dish.
- Pour beef mixture in bottom of dish and top with cheese.
- Pour egg/milk/flour mixture over beef and cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden and pie is set and no longer jiggly.