Ridiculously easy slow cooker salsa verde chicken that even a child could make. Perfect for your frantic busy weeknights when you come home dead tired and want dinner already done!
Everyone needs a good collection of tried and true easy slow cooker or Instant Pot recipes. They are excellent for busy weeknights and also for meal prep. This slow cooker salsa verde chicken is one of my favorites. I hate slow cooker recipes that I have to prep ten million things before I walk away, and this one is so simple, it only takes a couple of minutes to assemble. Dump, dump, dump, set it and forget it. My eight year old easily made this for our family recently and he was very proud of his success.
Uses for Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
Not only is it easy, it is very flavorful and versatile. You can use the chicken in a variety of ways.
- Serve it over rice and beans for burrito bowls.
- Serve in taco shells for tacos.
- Serve on a salad or in lettuce cups for a low carb version.
- Use the meat in a quesadilla.
- Use the meat in enchiladas.
- Use the meat as a nacho topper.
Try it out and then add this to your regular meal rotation. I think it will win you over with its ease of preparation and big flavors.
Instant Pot Instructions
Because, I know someone might ask. Yes, this can be made in the Instant Pot as well.
- Dump everything in the Instant Pot.
- Cook on manual high for 20 minutes.
- Shred after you release pressure.
This time of year when school is starting and fall schedules are starting to get busier, I like to start incorporating more slow cooker and Instant Pot recipes. If you are looking for more, check out my 60+ slow cooker recipes post for more ideas of how to get healthy meals on the table without a lot of work.
Slow cooker salsa verde chicken
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs boneless skinless breasts would also work
- 1 jar salsa verde
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Place all ingredients on a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, high for 4-5 hours.After time has elapsed, shred and add back to sauce. Serve in tortilla shells with desired toppings, on a salad, or over rice.
Leave a Reply