There’s nothing like a simple salad in the summer time. In the winter, I crave rich and hearty soups and stews, but in the summer, I lean into the season and love serving light salads that highlight the beautiful bounty of the garden. Cucumbers are a staple in our summer garden. So fresh and delightful as an added crunch to any salad.
In this simple cucumber and dill salad, cucumbers are the star of the show. It comes together in minutes and is a perfect addition to your summer grilling eats. Since there is no mayo in this salad, it’s safe for outdoor parties and picnics. It also makes a great side dish to your sandwich for lunch.
- 1 lb. cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 onion (white or red), sliced thinly
- 2 T. chopped fresh dill
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- Place sliced cucumbers, onions, and dill in a bowl.
- Add vinegars, salt, pepper, and stir well to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine.